Are you considering A2 Hosting as your web hosting provider? Like any other hosting provider, A2 Hosting has its advantages and disadvantages.
Founded in 2001, A2 Hosting is well-known for its super-fast server response time, which boasts an average of 295 ms, and strong uptime. According to our monitoring and testing since 2015, it is a reliable web hosting service. So, if you’re thinking of investing in A2 Hosting, here’s a comprehensive review to help you make an informed decision.
An Overview of A2 Hosting
|SPEED:||295 ms (Jan. 2022 to Dec. 2022)|
|UPTIME:||99.98% (Jan. 2022 to Dec. 2022)|
|SUPPORT:||24/7/365 Email, Live Chat, and Phone support|
|APPS:||WooCommerce, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, CubeCart, and more|
|FEATURES:||Cloudflare CDN, free SSL, unlimited bandwidth, Anycast DNS, website staging, at least 100 GB SSD storage, DDoS protection, and anytime money-back guarantee|
|HOSTING PLANS:||Shared hosting, VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, Dedicated Servers, and Reseller hosting|
|SITE TRANSFER:||Free website transfer for a single website with the Shared Hosting plans|
|PRICING:||Starts at $2.99/month (renews at $10.99/month)|
Advantages of Using A2 Hosting
1. Super-Fast Page Loading Time: A2 Hosting delivers an impressive page-loading speed of 295 ms, much faster than most web hosting providers we’ve reviewed.
2. Great Uptime: A2 Hosting experienced an average uptime of 99.98% with a total of one hour and 27 minutes of downtime over the year.
3. Affordable Starting Price: A2 Hosting’s initial pricing is relatively affordable, with the cheapest plan starting at $2.99/month.
4. Anytime Money-Back Guarantee: A2 Hosting offers an anytime money-back guarantee, providing you with a full refund if you find it unsuitable and want to cancel your plan within the first 30 days or even after 30 days.
5. Helpful Guru Crew Support Team: The customer support agent was knowledgeable and helpful in assisting you with any troubleshooting issues.
6. Traditional cPanel: A2 Hosting remains one of the best control panels in terms of functionality, with more advanced users settling in with its cPanel since it’s more familiar to them.
7. Free Site Migrations: A2 Hosting has a migration team dedicated to website transfers and will help you migrate your website for free for most plans.
8. Plenty of Security Features: A2 Hosting provides free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates for all its Shared hosting plans and offers extra security features such as DDoS protection and automatic backups.
9. Developer-Friendly Tools and One-Click Installation of CMS and E-commerce Platforms: A2 Hosting offers multiple e-commerce tools to build an online store and developer-friendly tools for those looking to host many websites under one hosting provider.
Disadvantages of Using A2 Hosting
1. High Renewal Rates: A2 Hosting has low introductory prices when joining for the first time. However, renewal rates are almost five times higher.
2. No Free Domain: A2 Hosting doesn’t offer a free domain name, and you’ll have to pay $16.99/year for a dot-com extension that renews at the same price.
To sum up, A2 Hosting is an excellent web hosting option providing super-fast page loading times, a reliable uptime, and a helpful support team. Its initial pricing is relatively affordable, and users have access to significant security and developer-friendly features. However, renewal rates for plans are relatively expensive, and A2 Hosting doesn’t offer a free domain name.